Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why a blog?

The funniest part is that just yesterday I was speaking with a friend, an "IT Guru" (or as close to one as I know) who told me that blogging is dead, and that everyone is "tweeting" or "twittering" or something like that. He's moving with the times, his PC is gone in favour of a Macbook, (he explained the marvellous features such as "backlit keyboard", "Time Capsule") .... but his work is now almost solely focussed in agency land, so I reckon he just needs the cred.

I don't want to tell everyone where I am and what I'm doing. That to me implies being captured, captivated and compelled by technology and all for someone else's benefit, or some notoriety, or...

My blog is going to start focused on the duck season in progress. I don't know if I want to focus on stuff like work, the economy... in fact I really don't know where this could lead. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment