Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cars.....plans & schemes

My poor poor 'Baru. Her guts are rotting. New pipes installed and a complete system flush .... but that's only putting off the invevitable which has arrived much sooner than I'd hoped. The idea was to drive her until she wouldn't go any more. In my mind that was 5 years away from today, but it seems that she probably doesn't have 5 years left in her. Suddenly struck me today how much she's cost in repairs over the past 2 or so years... clutch, diff, rust around windscreen, now rusty waterworks... yeah the maintenance is now getting over the cost of financing something else. TCO they call it - Total Cost of Ownership. What to do?





Saw this on TradeMe



9 grands, 3.5L petrol though, and I'd suspect no WOF.

God I didn't want to be in the car market yet.

Scrw eyes closed and ignore facts, or buy new car?

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment