Friday, May 14, 2010

Rick & The Big V

News from the swamp, Rick limited out and the Big V took 5 ducks this morning for a bag of 11. Rick reported that birds decoyed beautifully to a mixture of his finest flocked decoys plus assorted electronica at Puru. I'm stoked that the ponds have kept producing consistantly in the first few weeks. They also got the first spoonie of the season, a drake with only one foot and 'messed up' on a flock. Tim and Andy are heading in this evening with Rick's mate Jason going as well. Slight Easterly still. I'd pitch a few dekes into Willow, not sure what electric ducks are available. I know my Robo had a snapped wire. Maybe Mr. Wonderduck can do it on his own? Damn I miss duck hunting. Roll on Sunday at Karaka, hopefully am scoping out a property close enough to town for the odd night shoot now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment