Saturday, December 31, 2011

Desperate measures

The weather's been windy since Boxing Day - and the last couple have had the added bonus of consistent medium to heavy downpours. Still, you have to make do, don't you. Some would say that going out in a 40kt NE in a 4m open boat is madness, but I needed a fix. So I chucked the Booger in at Torpedo Bay which is totally sheltetred from the prevailing NE wind, and headed across the harbour to se if I coule get a decent drift - no dice, it was rolling out there. So upped sticks and watched the fishfinder carefully as I made my way up to the Naval Base.


Checked the sounder a few times to no avail, so headed to the Stanley Point Hole.




Beautifully sheltered under the cliffs there, so set up for a drift...



And (the ultra observant will notice its the same fish as above. True, but totally representative of what's out there).


And so on. Got half a dozen pannies which I released.



Bashed my way back to Torpedo Bay at about 6.30 and had to walk the boat in the last 50m, she's not exactly a low tide ramp. Was soaked through but felt great to have been able to get out and have a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment