Thursday, March 28, 2013

Andrew, an acquaintance.

Andrew's a guy from Wellington who is more fish mad than the average bear. He loves his toys too and has done an amazing job with customising his boat with all sorts of electronica and has been more than helpful with information to help me and others do things he'd think of as menial (I'm sure).

With his new Drift Ghost video camera he's captured some very fine fly fishing sessions of late - almost enough to get me to pick up a fly rod and go chase a spotty fresh-water fish.

Check this out from a week or so ago.

And this from yesterday.

The really neat thing about the clips is that the area fished is not all that recognised here or internationally as a destination (as say the South Island is).

Based on this and stuff I've seen on blogs I decided to try my hand at videoing and found a pretty cheap deal on a Drift HD (the model down from Ghost). If I absolutely suck then I reckon I can sell and recover what I paid. I'm thinking that if i add footage of goose hunts to Matt's then great clips could become more awesome than ever before. Reality is that I'll probably video my head, my hat, the ground, some grass....

No comments:

Post a Comment