Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mid September

I've mentioned elsewhere that September is a "layover" month on the outdoors-person's calendar; for us in AW our gamebird season is finished for a start. But looming on the horizon is the trout opening. For the first year in quite a number, I'll be out and about chasing an early season fish. The last time I fished opening was with Milo and cuzzie Paul.

We fished a 'local' fishery for resident brownies, and as i remember we did ok despite the rain... which isn't present in the photos. We landed 4 or 5 fish ... I think. I don't remember the year, probably 4 or 5 years ago?



Those fish sure are pretty, and quite ravenous in the early season. This opening we're revisiting the scene of the crime from years and years ago where we fished side by side a small creek that hold good flow prior to summer. I expect skinnyish 'bows, but hopefully the brownies will be home and hungry.

This is the best I've felt about fishing for a while. I'd never say that trout are easy, far from it in fact, but I lost the drive to chase them. I think its back.

Yay!

I plan to enjoy it. Go Mid September!

No comments:

Post a Comment