Monday, September 20, 2010

TT Madness

Tt asked me if I wanted to fish the National Pairs Competition at Lake Rotoaira in November. He's done it before, saying its a great way to learn from the best in the land. I must admit that I'm uncertain about it, getting my ass whipped by the best in the land is possibly someone's idea of sport (God's maybe?) hmmmm

There's nothing like getting in some practice, but again referring to the biggest baddest storm that we've seen for some time, you would think its somewhere between plain farkin crazy and absolute madness to set oneslf adrift on a sit on kayak and go fishing at the competition venue - wouldn't you??!! I mean we were getting blown over only 100 odd km away from the lake!

Check this out TT & Mate go fishing

Banana 1 (B1) was TT, I bet that B2 was that man-fish Nick Hannam. Practice makes perfect and I suppose that kayaks are sometimes intended for white water, but I really can't imagine casting in the wind that we had.

Maybe Rotoaira was more protected, but I also bet that it was a damn sight chillier up there too. At least they got some fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment