Yesterday was the first of the real post season swamp working bees. We had a bit to get through -
- Replace the front of the Watson's maimai, which had collapsed
- Re-floor the puru mai mai
- Carve out flight lanes into the Watson's pond, remove willows
- Spraying back the regrowth - since my last trip in September some of the Poa Aquatica had grown from ankle to head high (horrible shit)
The trap line had yielded over the course of the week another stoat and a fat rat.
Rick and I got going on the spraying - we had a bit to get done, while Andy tom and coch headed off to reconstruct the Watson's maimai. Dad and Larry got stuck into the tree felling.
|Maimai with front removed|
|The enemy - Poa Aquatica regrowth|
We got back to the landing at 5, grabbed a couple of shots of the old guys and then headed home. Was a bit achy by 8pm, that f ing knee is till not 100%...