Saturday, January 28, 2012

Got some stuff in

A couple of times per year I order tying materials from Chris at saltwaterflies.com. I find his service fast and efficient, and the range of materials to be excellent. If bringing in hooks I always shop around, not so much in NZ, but in Au etc to make sure I'm getting the best deal. The range of hooks available here pretty much reflects how low key the sport is, so shopping elsewhere is inevitable.

My all time favourite hook is the Varivas 990c, a carbon hook that went out of production and has now been replaced with a stainless version, the 2600 - excellent news as I'm out of the "c".


While browsing I found the answer I needed for articulated flies. I'd been tying on dual hook rigs, but the extra hook doesn't thrill me so I was stoked to find articulated shanks. And of course a few packs of Mega Mushy, which I was flat out of.




I'll have to tie another batch of Mushies... TT took a few off me. Probably rattle out a dozen.

Finally I got in some Gammy Finesse 230412 hooks. Not sure what I'll do with them yet, but they look good for burley flies. Something to think about.

So much for summer, its a cold day with Southerlies, ideal for tying so I know what I'll be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment