Sunday, January 29, 2012

Relief from salt water

I can't tell you how much I've missed stream fishing. With the boat, and the kingis just so close I hadn't been tempted to go stream fishing at all. But I couldn't deny the urge, so got up and on the road at 6am, heading for a special little stream. Normally she'd be skinny at this time of year, but our summer hasn't been a summer at all, so water level was high. Sure, plenty of algae on the rocks but still she was sweet.

And what a day it was. I landed 2 big browns (putting things in perspective here, a "big" fish from this type of water and location is over 4lb) and some splendid 'bows. Being without a net I also had some spankings. It was great. I think by the end of the beat I'd hit a dozen odd and landed 7.




Got some sweet vid of the brownies going back too.





Glorious glorious trout. I'll be back after them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment