Thursday, January 26, 2012

More Teutonic brilliance

While I'm feeling all Germanic I thought I'd share the following with you - Z Reels

I love the idea of hubless reels, they look really cool and I even own a couple, a Backwinder from Norway (out of production now) and a Sage branded Loop.
Backwinder Trout model


Sage/Loop

I don't love the Backwinder, it has some faults. The line guard is cheap looking like a piece of chromed wire for a start.

For  long while I had my heart set on an Argentine Dormisch Absi:

Dormisch Absi

They sort of disappeared. Reports indicate that they look the part but are prone to issues with alignment of spools and whatnot but hell, who cares, looks are everything!

The Z reels look like they would do the biz though, and they look way cool.







Would be nice if one could find its way to me, they look brilliant, in fact more Italian than German.

9 comments:

  1. did you ever find a dormisch reel? or z-reel for that matter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my late reply - I did buy a Z reel but... I hit the side of the hub on a rock and basically killed it. I see they seem to no longer exist - shame.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Hello! If you are interested I have for sale a brand new Backwinder Trout in champagne colour. Kind regards, Vlad. arh.vlad@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. Hi Snuffit@home.
    Would you sell your ZReel or Backwinder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Z Reel is now defunct. I still have it but the brake suffered from a hit to the reel hub :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear that Z reel got damaged...
    I would be happy to offer you a fair price for the backwinder.
    My email is: wahooMP@gmail.com
    Kind regards
    M

    ReplyDelete